2018 Jeep Wrangler JK vs. 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL: What’s the Difference?
With distinctive styling and unmatched off-road capability, the Jeep Wrangler is the definitive adventure SUV. Hutchinson drivers looking for adventure can turn to the 2018 Jeep Wrangler and the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JK. The Jeep Wrangler — also referred to as the Wrangler JL — and Wrangler JK maintain the interior comfort Hutchinson and Newton drivers want while crushing off-road challenges.
What Does JK Mean for Jeep?
The Jeep Wrangler JK was in production from 2007 to 2018. Contrary to what many are led to believe, “JK” is not an abbreviation, but rather an identification code to distinguish between the many Wrangler generations. That said, there is one major difference between the Wrangler JK and the lineups that came before it: The JK is available as either a 2-door Wrangler or 4-door Wrangler JK Unlimited, making it the first generation to ever be available with a longer wheelbase and four-door body style. Beyond this, the Wrangler JK set itself apart from previous generations with the following notable upgrades:
- Power windows
- Power door locks
- Available navigation system
- Optional three-piece modular hardtop
In short, if you’re looking at a Wrangler from 2007 to 2018, you’ll know it’s a Wrangler JK, and if it’s a 4-door model, you’ll know it’s a Wrangler JK Unlimited.
The 2018 Jeep Wrangler and 2018 Jeep Wrangler JK both boast Trail-Rated status, with the badges to prove it.
- The Jeep Wrangler is built with the ground clearance to easily conquer any off-road obstacles drivers can throw its way.
- The 2018 Jeep Wrangler JK features premium off-road rock rails with tread plates that give Brady drivers added protection from rocks and boulders.
Jeep Wrangler vs. Jeep Wrangler JK Highlights
- The 2018 Jeep Wrangler has a starting price of $26,995 (MSRP).
- The starting price for the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JK is $23,995 (MSRP).
Similarities & Differences
- Maximum towing capacities of 3,500 lbs.
- Both are available in 2-door and 4-door configurations
- Offers a 3.6L Pentastar V6 engine option
- Access to Jeep Performance Parts
- Wrangler JK offers a half-door option
- Wrangler JK weighs 200 pounds more than the All-New Wrangler
- Wrangler JK has one engine option
- The Wrangler JK reaches an EPA-estimated 17 mpg city and 21 mpg highway, while the Wrangler JL achieves an EPA-estimated 25 highway mpg on the new turbocharged four-cylinder.
Explore Both Options at Allen Samuels Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram!
Compare the 2018 Jeep Wrangler to the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JK at Allen Samuels Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram today. Contact us to schedule a test drive.
More from the Allen Samuels Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Blog
When you purchase a Jeep Cherokee, you have your choice on which trim, additional features, and colors to make it truly a vehicle that’s built for you and your off-road adventures. However, if you’ve felt like your Jeep is missing something extra special, we have the Jeep Cherokee accessories With a variety of vehicle enhancements…
The 2019 Dodge Durango ratings and reviews have created a buzz in the car community. Edmunds’ Expert Review offers, “For 2019, there’s even more to like. Changes this year include new exterior styling on the GT trim level, a new 19-speaker Harman Kardon sound system, and a new integrated trailer brake that is included with…
Everyone knows that Dodge has a history of making the most powerful, iconic muscle cars in America. The 2019 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack keeps the tradition alive at under $40,000. Our Challenger Inventory Contact Us R/T Scat Pack: Performance Power The classic sports car lives! Feel the excitement of driving a 392 V8 SRT…