2018 Jeep Wrangler JK vs. 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL: What’s the Difference?
With distinctive styling and unmatched off-road capability, the Jeep Wrangler is the definitive adventure SUV. Hutchinson drivers looking for adventure can turn to the 2018 Jeep Wrangler and the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JK. The Jeep Wrangler — also referred to as the Wrangler JL — and Wrangler JK maintain the interior comfort Hutchinson and Newton drivers want while crushing off-road challenges.
What Does JK Mean for Jeep?
The Jeep Wrangler JK was in production from 2007 to 2018. Contrary to what many are led to believe, “JK” is not an abbreviation, but rather an identification code to distinguish between the many Wrangler generations. That said, there is one major difference between the Wrangler JK and the lineups that came before it: The JK is available as either a 2-door Wrangler or 4-door Wrangler JK Unlimited, making it the first generation to ever be available with a longer wheelbase and four-door body style. Beyond this, the Wrangler JK set itself apart from previous generations with the following notable upgrades:
- Power windows
- Power door locks
- Available navigation system
- Optional three-piece modular hardtop
In short, if you’re looking at a Wrangler from 2007 to 2018, you’ll know it’s a Wrangler JK, and if it’s a 4-door model, you’ll know it’s a Wrangler JK Unlimited.
The 2018 Jeep Wrangler and 2018 Jeep Wrangler JK both boast Trail-Rated status, with the badges to prove it.
- The Jeep Wrangler is built with the ground clearance to easily conquer any off-road obstacles drivers can throw its way.
- The 2018 Jeep Wrangler JK features premium off-road rock rails with tread plates that give Brady drivers added protection from rocks and boulders.
Jeep Wrangler vs. Jeep Wrangler JK Highlights
- The 2018 Jeep Wrangler has a starting price of $26,995 (MSRP).
- The starting price for the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JK is $23,995 (MSRP).
Similarities & Differences
- Maximum towing capacities of 3,500 lbs.
- Both are available in 2-door and 4-door configurations
- Offers a 3.6L Pentastar V6 engine option
- Access to Jeep Performance Parts
- Wrangler JK offers a half-door option
- Wrangler JK weighs 200 pounds more than the All-New Wrangler
- Wrangler JK has one engine option
- The Wrangler JK reaches an EPA-estimated 17 mpg city and 21 mpg highway, while the Wrangler JL achieves an EPA-estimated 25 highway mpg on the new turbocharged four-cylinder.
Explore Both Options at Allen Samuels Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram!
Compare the 2018 Jeep Wrangler to the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JK at Allen Samuels Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram today. Contact us to schedule a test drive.
More from the Allen Samuels Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Blog
In terms of the impressive Dodge lineup of vehicles, the most powerful model may just be the 2019 Dodge Challenger SRT® Hellcat Redeye. If you’re in Nickerson or Buhler and looking for a jaw-dropping high-performance muscle car, look no further than this high-tier Dodge Challenger model. The Hellcat Redeye, which is this year’s replacement for…
Drivers in Nickerson and Buhler looking for a stylish, off-road-capable SUV should look no further than the 2019 Jeep Wrangler. This fan-favorite Jeep model comes in a handful of different trims, each with its own exterior colors to pick from. With 10 possible colors in all across the different versions of the new Wrangler, you’re…
In your search for a used vehicle, you’ve more than likely come across plenty of certified pre-owned cars for sale. If you’ve asked yourself, “What does certified pre-owned mean?” Allen Samuels Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram is here to guide you. Shop Certified Pre-Owned CPO Warranty Benefits Certified Pre-Owned vs. Used Some Nickerson car shoppers may tend to group used vehicles…